Since officially launching the Westside Community Plans Update, the Westside Planning Team initiated a series of Neighborhood Council presentations! We have completed the process of meeting with the nine Neighborhood Councils located within the four Community Plan Areas, as well as the Westside Regional Alliance of Councils, to share information and answer questions about the community plan update process.
The Westside Planning Team has presented at the following Neighborhood Council meetings:
1. Westside Neighborhood Council-July 12, 2018
2. Venice Neighborhood Council-July 17, 2018
3. Westside Regional Alliance of Councils-July 18, 2018
4. South Robertson Neighborhood Council-July 19, 2018
5. Palms Neighborhood Council-August 1, 2018
6. Neighborhood Council of Westchester/Playa- August 7, 2018
7. Westwood Neighborhood Council - August 8, 2018
8. Del Rey Neighborhood Council-August 9, 2018
9. Mar Vista Community Council August- 14, 2018
10. West Los Angeles Sawtelle Neighborhood Council- August 22, 2018
Now that we have concluded the Neighborhood Council Presentation series, we are moving into our next phase of scheduled outreach activities. During the Fall of 2018, we will conduct two Planning 101: Community Planning sessions (in addition to an online webinar) to explain what a community plan is, how it works and why it matters to you and your community. Additionally, there will be four Kick-off Events for each Community Plan Area so that we can learn about your vision for your neighborhood. Along the way, there will be many more opportunities to participate and have your voice heard. For detailed information about outreach activities please click on the Get Involved Tab.
We hope you'll join us!
Westside Community Plans Update- Planning the Westside
Thank You for visiting our website!
The Department of City Planning has officially launched a three-year effort to update four Community Plans for the Westside region of Los Angeles: Palms-Mar Vista-Del Rey, Venice, West Los Angeles, and Westchester-Playa Del Rey.
A Community Plan is the blueprint that guides growth in our neighborhoods by establishing the community’s vision for the future, laying out policies, and designating land uses. To ensure that the Community Plans effectively guide current and future growth over the next two decades, it is necessary that they are re-evaluated and refreshed periodically. Main components of the Community Plan Update include:
1. A revision of the goals, policies, and programs for each Community Plan.
2. Any needed revisions to the Community Plan Land Use Map.
3. An update to the zoning across the Community Plan area to implement the plan’s goals and policies and effectuate the Department’s pending new zoning code.
4. An Environmental Impact Report (EIR) to assess potentially significant impacts to the environment.
We have initiated the update process by holding meetings with the nine Neighborhood Councils (located within the four Community Plan Areas) to share information regarding the Westside Community Plans Update program. During the Fall of 2018 we will conduct two Planning 101: Community Planning sessions and a webinar followed by four Kick-off Events in each Community Plan Area.
We need your participation and input! The process for updating Community Plans is a collaborative effort between community stakeholders and the Department of City Planning. Your voice is integral to ensuring that your vision for your community is accurately reflected in the updated document. Throughout this process, there will be many opportunities to comment and shape your Community Plan. Please check our website regularly and signup on our email mailing list so that you're kept up-to-date! For more information on our outreach effort, how to get involved or to sign up for email updates, click on the Get Involved tab.
We look forward to working with you!
-Westside Community Plan Update Team